Monday, December 23, 2013

'Tis the Season Thankfulness

Christmas Eve is TOMORROW NIGHT. It is the first Christmas that I am "dent free". And for this I am very thankful. I took a deep breath last night, and thought "Wow, this feels amazing." You take things for granted in this life, like being able to breathe properly. I had gotten used to only using 30 percent of my lung capacity. My recovery is going well, though I am not pain free. It's more of a soreness, some days I can get into really bad shape. Especially if I have been pulling on Haiden a lot. Also, sneezing with a metal bar in your chest is AWFUL. I cannot fully sneeze, so when the need arises to sneeze I make a "PewPewPew" sound. My whole family makes fun of me. I try to explain to them how your chest contracts when you sneeze and it hurts. They get a kick out of it though. But in general, things get better each day. I am much better than I was and I understand this recovery is going to take some time! I am able to get married sooner than expected and I am hopefully returning to school in January.

Druelle Christmas Vaction
We had an early family Christmas get together on the 14th with our family from out of town. We all had a blast and it was wonderful being able to see everyone. Haiden received many cute gifts and new toys. He had fun as well. At our early Christmas family dinner we got a lot of inspiration from The National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation movie. I was in charge of the "EggNog Station" and I served everyone eggnog from the cutest bowl and cups my mom and I found at Goodwill. (We love thrifting.) My mom even printed out some National Lampoon quotes and had them scattered throughout the house. We enjoyed a delicious meal and we chowed down on all of the Moss/Druelle family favorites!
EGGNOG STATION!
I made everyone's eggnog picture perfect! :)
Personally, I think this was the best part! It was delicious, if I do say so MYSELF ;) 


Opening gifts from the family! 

The Tucker's
Today we visited the Tucker family. Brittany and Trevor are mine and Chris' good friends. They are such troopers. And I love their boys to death! Brady is two and is their oldest son. He recently broke his femur while playing on his little brother Bentley's swing in their living room. The swing swivels and his leg got caught and his body fell. I was talking to Brittany about all of this, and she explained to me how terrible she felt. She said all of the nurses had to ask her if someone did this to Brady on purpose, because this is the number one broken bone in abuse cases. She explained to me she was so shocked something like this happened while she was watching Brady in their own living room. Brady has both legs casted as well as his stomach. Brittany and Trevor have had a lot on their plate this holiday season with an injured toddler and an infant! So, of course I had to make Brady and Bentley a snowman hat. I love making these little hats so much, and they are so cute in photos. Brady loved his hat and Bentley's was so precious. I cannot even imagine what Brittany and Trevor have had to go through, with a toddler who doesn't understand he can't move. They have handled everything with grace, that is for sure! The Tucker family is very dear to my heart. We are praying Brady will be able to have his cast removed on January 2nd!
Haiden looking at Bentley's "booboo". So sweet!

Bentley's hat on the left. Brady's on the right! 

'Tis the Season Thankfulness"
I am so thankful that my recovery is going well. I am even more thankful that Haiden is healthy this Christmas season. He was sick with the flu last Christmas, and this was terrible. I am also thankful he does not have to spend Christmas in a hospital. I pray those children at MUSC and the Ronald McDonald House have a wonderful Christmas despite their various circumstances. I hope a made a difference in someone's life. I hope I brought a smile to a little girl or boy's face this Christmas. I am thankful for my family and Chris who have all been wonderful and have helped me when I've needed it after my surgery. I have been through a lot physically and emotionally during this recovery and I am thankful God has been with me every step of the way. I am thanking Him for all of my blessings this Christmas. It has been tough not being able to take care of Haiden to the extent I was able to in the past. I am now able to lift him more and more. It scares me sometimes, because he is ALL BOY. So this means all rough and tumble.  I am grateful I am no longer in the state I was two months ago. I am excited about Haiden's second Christmas and I will be posting on his blog afterwards to share his Christmas morning photos! Count your blessings this season and share your own "Tis The Season Thankfulness".
I was trying to tell Chris one side of my mouth "wasn't working" when I smiled. He took the photo anyways. 

"SELFIE"



I hope everyone has a BLESSED, WONDERFUL, VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!  




No comments:

Post a Comment